If you fancy being your own boss, then self employment is for you. You will need to think about:
- what is your business offering?
- who will be your customers - is there a market for your products or service?
- where and how will you run your business?
- what is the competition?
- how do you let people know about your offer?
- what will it cost to start your business?
- what will you live off until your business makes a profitable?
You'll need to find out about any laws that apply to your business and about things like tax and National Insurance, so it's important to get advice early.
If you are going to run a successful business, you'll neeed to make sure you have the right skills, do your research and write a business plan - if you want to borrow money to help you get started a plan is very important.
For further information, advice and support please click here.